Cheap Morality, was Re: anti-zionism

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun May 12 09:21:03 PDT 2002

>-What's the proportion of "liberals who supported Kosovo intervention
>-but remain undecided on Palestine" out of the total US population?
>-Any concrete figures?
>
>Haven't seen a poll on the issue, so no concrete figures, but in my personal
>experience, it's a pretty good sized numbers. And since the percentage who
>supported Kosovo intervention is larger than the numbers who support
>intervention on behalf of the Palestinians, the numbers are quite large.
>
>-- Nathan

Naturally, I'm inclined to think Nathan's numerical hunch is off the mark. The "liberals who supported Kosovo intervention but remain undecided on Palestine" must be, I estimate, either numerically insignificant or politically sluggish or both. Lacking in number and energy (generated by material resources and/or activist mobilizations), they don't register on the political radar. To begin with, it's hard to say if the word Kosovo rings a bell in many Americans' minds. -- Yoshie