A footnote on value theory, but let's not get into this.

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sun May 12 18:16:59 PDT 2002

I don't know about what Marx thought on some deep level, but his writings never suggested a material basis for value. Instead, he insisted that value was the social relation. The transformation problem has occupied some academic economists who wanted to make Marx's economics more academically "respectable".

--

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University michael at ecst.csuchico.edu Chico, CA 95929 530-898-5321 fax 530-898-5901