Cheap Morality, was Re: anti-zionism

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Mon May 13 09:53:25 PDT 2002

Nathan Newman wrote:
>God knows I would never bring up Kosovo to convice anyone here of anything,
>since there continues to be more sympathy here for the Serbs in Kosovo who
>participated in the cultural suppression and then murder of the Albanian
>Kosovars than for their victims.

-Nathan, you're lapsing into propagandist mode. There's a big -difference between thinking that the imperial power of the U.S. and -NATO is not a humane instrument, and sympathizing with Milosevic.

Actually I was responding more to Seth's posting of the fact that many Serbs in Kosovo were driven out after the NATO campaign as an example of why the NATO intervention was not justified -- I should have marked that more specifically. I don't expect too many Israeli settlers to stick around if a Palestinian state gets established either. And I won't have too much sympathy for them either.

-- Nathan Newman