Ohio town bought by utility corp

Diane Monaco dmonaco at pop3.utoledo.edu
Tue May 14 10:06:08 PDT 2002

At 04:44 AM 5/14/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Wow, Marta, there's no good news in Ohio on the power front. This just
>after we got disturbed by the news of a huge hole made by corrosion at
>Davis-Besse....
>
>BTW, we are plagued by the Axis of Evil in Ohio: Bush at a Taft
>fund-raiser on May 10; Ashcroft today; and Bush again as the commencement
>speaker at the Ohio State University, Friday, June 14 (the last bit is not
>quite confirmed yet, but we are gearing up to the protest anyhow).

Yes plagued, and the Axis of Evil's oscillating policy discussions on subsidies vs. free markets to Ohio audiences apparently come with very little protest. I'm so ashamed. Welfare to work reform discussions in Ohio on Friday advocating more work from welfare recipients followed by the signing of a 10 year $190 billion farm subsidy bill that I'm quite certain will benefit many conservative voters in Ohio. The policies are about votes...in November. Yoshie, keep us organized and updated...it really does help. I can always mobilize a cadre.

Diane