self-interest rather than pro-israeli support drive US

Diane Monaco dmonaco at pop3.utoledo.edu
Tue May 14 11:40:21 PDT 2002

...the primary aim of U.S. policy in the Middle East is U.S. dominance over the region and its oil resources, through support for regimes that play our game and through our ever-increasing military presence...

...That reality is clear: The central principle of every U.S. administration since the end of World War II has been that the resources of the region do not truly belong to the people of the region, but instead exist for the benefit of Americans