Double Standard

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed May 15 01:20:09 PDT 2002

On Tue, 14 May 2002 Brad DeLong wrote:

> What can I say? Clinton's appointment of Ira Magaziner may have been the
> biggest disaster of his term. It was the only time in the Clinton
> administration that the Treasury got flattened when it committed its
> full weight to oppose somebody inside the White House.

Did Magaziner's selection and immovability have anything to do with Hillary? I thought the whole health care thing was officially supposed to be her baby -- her $1 a year, high-profile, "brain trust" job, back a million years ago when marketing her as a co-president was thought to be a vote winner.

Michael