The New Crusade also RE: Why U.S. supports Israel

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Thu May 16 07:56:33 PDT 2002

>Rahul Mahajan's explanation of the war on Afghanistan seems to me also
>the most probable answer to the question of why U.S. supports Israel.
>Sartre offered roughly the same explanation for the Vietnam War. Such an
>explanation also undercuts those responses to the war, from the left or
>right, that proclaim that on 9/11 "The World Changed."

The Pentagon Papers, the Pentagon's official classified history of the Vietnam war--released by Daniel Ellsberg and the subject of a major court case(for you youngsters)--ended up with the "credibility" and "prestige" explanations of Why We Were in Vietnam,

But the world has changed: the Bush's wars,w ith Clinton's helpm have put and end to the Vietnam Syndrome that slowed US interventionsim from 1975 to 1991, a very great loss.

jks