Imperial decline?: Judis on K.Phillips

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Thu May 16 09:09:00 PDT 2002

I believe that Europe mostly got lumber and food from the Baltic, which included Poland at the time. Holland had the expertise to manage the finance and transport. They had very light and very fast ships and the most advanced banking system in the world.

England copied their finance, defeated their navy, and became the superpower of the day. Certainly someone else here knows more about this than I do.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu