Cockburn: Israel and "Anti-Semitism"

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu May 16 17:09:57 PDT 2002

eric dorkin wrote:

<<<I must disagree: the jewishness of an institution could matter in some instances and not in others. It seems to me that it is not corret to say that it is relevant or not relevant without further argumentation. One reason it is relevant is that it is difficult to otherwise explain why the NYT lacks sensitivity to the plight of the Palestinians...a patently true observation. It may be simple economics -- circulation would be worse witha pro-Palestinian editorial page. >>>

How do you explain the rabidly anti-Palestinian and unsensitive editorial and news page practice of the Chicago Tribune, which is not one whit better than the Tribune?

The point about newspapers is that they are owned by capitalists. Bringing in ancestry just blurs this central point.

Carrol