NATO expands into irrelevance

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Thu May 16 22:40:23 PDT 2002

--- Diane Monaco <dmonaco at pop3.utoledo.edu> wrote:
> At 07:07 AM 5/17/2002 +0530, you wrote:
>
> >China, apparently. It's hard to believe that China
> is a threat to the US.
> >Chomsky seems to believe that ruling class expects
> globalisation to increase
> >destitution, inqualities and resultant political
> turmoil. Higher defense
> >spending is expected to secure ruling circles from
> the wrath of the
> >impoverished.
> >
> >Ulhas

Sorry if this post came through unfinished. My cat decided it would be a good time to jump on my keyboard.

Anyhoo, I had this discussion with my friend (whose politics remain a mystery to me) just the other night.

His theory is that keeping countries in debt keeps them in check--you know, less powerful--less of a threat to US and her allies economic and political interests. This sounds more like it.

I don't see the Chompsters conspiracy theory Possibly there might be an increase "terroristic" activities as a result, but no large military threat from the outside which would warrant larger military spending.,

At leat I don't see it. The Chompster's theory has too many variables that don't seem to connect too well in reality.

===== Kevin Dean Buffalo, NY ICQ: 8616001 AIM: KDean75206 Buffalo Activist Network http://www.buffaloactivist.net http://www.yaysoft.com