Israel's right to exist...

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Fri May 17 14:23:04 PDT 2002

I wouldn't mind some talk about this: Israel's right to exist. Everybody and I mean everybody is beating their chests on this one, but I think it should not be taken religiously, but should be open to discussion.

The "existence" of Israel derives from the military support of Britain and the United States, who reserved the right to draw the map of the Middle East. That's all....leaving Biblical myths aside.

The continued existence of Israel and its present regime derives from our tax dollars and from their political alliance with the most powerful state in the world.

I was musing over a solution to the Palestine problem last night and caught myself wandering what would happen if the U.S. offered every Israeli citizen (who emigrated to the U.S., full citizenship) and subsidized their move. This would be expensive, but not much more so than the billions we pour in every year. Those who remain in Israel would need to become plain citizens of a secular Palestinian state which included both Palestinians and Jews, with full-right of return for the Palestinians and with reparations paid to them. Again, expensive, but not more so than the billions we're now pouring in.

Just dreaming,

Joanna