second-wave attacks

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Sun May 19 08:29:22 PDT 2002

Doug:
> > I haven't yet read through the flames that this remark seems to have
> > inspired, but really, Dennis - just because you don't think bombing
> > Afg is a great idea doesn't mean you countenance mass murder. That's
> > really not fair.

Dennis Perrin:
> I agree in general with that, and don't think that every single list member
> would look benignly on another al-Q death squad attack. I had in mind those
> who brush off the remains of the dead in order to wave their fist, chant
> clichés, and pretend (or worse truly believe) that there's nothing to worry
> about, that those massacred in New York are mere imperial collateral mulch.

You seem to be referring to the U.S. government, not anyone on this list. Their position on whether there's anything to worry about varies according to daily convenience, but they've certainly used the massacred for imperial mulch. But what else is to be expected, and difference does it make? If the desire for imperial adventures is sufficiently great, it will find or make whatever it needs.

-- Gordon