Fw:Re: Did Bush Know?

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun May 19 12:40:50 PDT 2002

And as a aside, Hitler on 9-11. http://medlem.spray.se/watch/ "Muslim Anti-Semitism: A Clear and Present Danger" (Robert S. Wistrich, The American Jewish Committee, April 2002) http://www.ajc.org/InTheMedia/Publications.asp?did=503
>...I recall how [Hitler] would have films shown in the Reich Chancellory about
London burning, about the sea of fire over Warsaw, about exploding convoys, and the kind of ravenous joy that would then seize him every time. But I never saw him so beside himself as when, in a delirium, he pictured New York going down in flames. He described how the skyscrapers would be transformed into gigantic burning torches, how they would collapse in confusion, how the bursting city's reflection would stand against the dark sky.57 57. Albert Speer, Spandau: The Secret Diaries (New York: Macmillan, 1976), p. 80. M.P.

Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 22:58:22 - 0700 (PDT)

From: Joseph Wanzala <jaramogi68 at yahoo.com> Subject: Re: Did Bush Know?

Did Bush Know?
:: Warning Signs of 9-11 and Intelligence Failures ::
var now = new Date();document.write(''); window.onerror=function() {clickURL=document.location.href;return true;} if(!self.clickURL) clickURL=parent.location.href; by Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed http:// www.mediamonitors.net/mosaddeq36.html This is an edited version of Chapter 4 from the explosive 400-page exposé, "The War on Freedom: How and Why America was Attacked, September 11, 2001", by the leading British political scientist and human rights activist Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed, Director of the Institute for Policy Research & Development in Brighton, UK. This book was featured on Barry Zwicker’s MediaFile documentary series, ‘The Great Deception: The War on Terrorism – An Alternative View?’, Vision TV, Canada (February 4, 2002): "The most complete book I know of, at this time, summarizing the relevant background and foreground intersecting upon the events of September 11, 2001."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

:: Chapter 4. Warning Signs of 9-11 and Intelligence Failures ::

Using Planes as Bombs

Al-Qaeda’s Plans: Project Bojinka

Post-Bojinka Intelligence Gathering

Air Authorities Were Warned of Bojinka

Intensification of Surveillance After Confirmation of Bojinka Plans

High-Level Government Blocks on Intelligence Investigations

Multiple Intelligence Warnings Converged on 11th September

11th September Warnings Were Not Ignored by U.S. Authorities

The U.S. Intelligence Community

“What is happening in the United States took me by surprise. I anticipated that in the aftermath of Sept. 11, there would be an enormous hue and cry to find out what went wrong. There has been no hue and cry in the United States. No recriminations, nothing even similar to what happened after Pearl Harbor in 1941… The United States has drawn a veil of silence over the issue of intelligence failure.”

Wesley Wark, Canadian Intelligence Expert and Consultant to the Privy Council Office of Canada on Intelligence Policy (Globe & Mail, 18 December 2001)

“We’ve been focusing on this perpetrator Osama bin Laden for 3 years, and yet we didn’t see this one coming,” said Vincent Cannistraro, former chief of CIA counter-terrorism operations. A U.S. Air Force General described the attack as “something we had never seen before, something we had never even thought of.” FBI Director Robert Mueller further declared that “there were no warning signs that I’m aware of.” Senior FBI officials insisted that in terms of intelligence warnings received prior to 11th September: “The notion of flying a plane into a building or using it as a bomb never came up.”[1] According to this official version of events, no one in the Bush administration had the slightest idea of the identities of those who orchestrated the 11th September attacks, the nature of their plans, or their targets.

Contrary to these prolific claims, there is compelling evidence that the U.S. intelligence community had extensive forewarning of the 11th September attacks on New York and Washington. Further evidence suggests that the attacks may, in fact, have been in the interest of certain elements of the Bush administration (see Chapter VII).

Using Planes as Bombs

The Pentagon commissioned an expert panel in 1993 to investigate the possibility of an airplane being used to bomb national landmarks. Retired Air Force Col. Doug Menarchik, who organised the $150,000 study for the Defense Department’s Office of Special Operations and Low-Intensity Conflict, recalled: “It was considered radical thinking, a little too scary for the times. After I left, it met a quiet death.” Other participants have noted that the decision not to publish detailed scenarios issued to some extent from fear that this may give terrorists ideas. Nevertheless, a draft document detailing the results of the investigation was circulated through the Pentagon, the Justice Department and the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Senior agency officials decided against a public release.[2]

The veracity of the Pentagon’s “radical thinking” was confirmed in 1994 when there occurred three attempted attacks on buildings using airplanes. The first, in April of that year, involved a Federal Express flight engineer facing dismissal.

Having boarded a DC-10 as a passenger, he invaded the cockpit, planning to crash the plane into a company building in Memphis. Fortunately, he was overpowered by the crew.

The second attempt occurred in September. A lone pilot crashed a small plane into a tree on the White House grounds, just short of the President’s bedroom.

The third incident occurred in December. An Air France flight in Algiers was hijacked by members of the Armed Islamic Group (GIA)— who are linked to Al- Qaeda—aiming to crash it into the Eiffel Tower. French Special Forces stormed the plane on the ground.[3]

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

New Pacifica Working Group http://www.egroups.com/group/NewPacifica 'Save Our Stations!'