2nd wave attacks

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Mon May 20 10:59:28 PDT 2002

At 09:18 PM 05/19/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>The attacks on New York and Washington were meant to inflict as much death
>and suffering as possible in support of a retrograde fascist worldview. The
>counterattack on the Taliban and al-Qaeda saved millions from starvation and
>freed the Afghans from their oppressors. Even those who opposed the
>intervention, like RAWA and Tariq Ali, admit that they're happy to see the
>Taliban routed. Who, other than Wahabbi enthusiasts and various neo-Nazis,
>can say that they're happy that thousands were massacred in New York?

The counterattack had been planned for months: its goal was to establish a U.S. military presence in central Asia. It did very little harm to Al Queda.

As for saving millions from starvation and from the Taliban---I am certainly glad if this happened as a secondary effect. However, it is extremely naive on your part to think that this was the primary reason it was done.

Joanna