Zizek: Are We in a War?

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Tue May 21 09:12:09 PDT 2002

On Tue, 21 May 2002 11:37:24 -0400 Gordon Fitch <gcf at panix.com> writes:

And has anyone taken note of the almost gleeful defeatism in Cheney's remarks. He didn't say that suicide bombings might occur, nor even that inevitably attempts at such bombings will be made, but that such bombings are inevitable. In other words he is saying that we should expect such attacks (and by implication there is little that his Administration can do about it). One wonders what happened to all the additional billions that have been allocated to defense, including so-called homeland defense.

Jim F.