Gould and Baseball

Steve Perry sperry at mn.rr.com
Tue May 21 14:10:57 PDT 2002

check robert adair's book on the physics of the curve ball. don't recall the title but you'll find it easily enough with the author's name.

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of joanna bujes Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 3:32 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Gould and Baseball

At 06:56 AM 05/21/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Let us not forget Gould's love of baseball, perhaps the most mathematical
of
>all the major sports. He was a traditionalist (as am I) who preferred grass
>to turf, open skies to domes, and who was a true baseball intellectual as
>compared to that pseudo, George Will.

Speaking of which, do any of you guys know where I could find an article on the physics of pitching/baseball? I'm trying to (sneakily) interest my 18-year old son in physics.

Thanks,

Joanna