A fine obituary from the Times of London

RangerCat67 at aol.com RangerCat67 at aol.com
Tue May 21 18:50:07 PDT 2002

> Reading this just made me detest his critics even more. Maybe when Mickey
> Kaus stops jerking off over Robert Wright's latest he'll have something
else
> inane to say about the scientist he dismissed as a "poseur" and a relic of
> the "paleoleft."
>
> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,60-303790,00.html

There's still considerable debate as to whether Gould's main "contribution" (i.e. punctuated equilibrium) to the field of evolutionary theory has any merit.

-- Luke>>

Yes, I know. I should have been more specific. The "critics" I had in mind were people like Paul Krugman and Mickey Kaus (who don't know anything more about evolutionary theory than anyone else) and their patronizing comments, and the barely educated half-wits who post negative reviews of The Mismeasure of Man on Amazon.com, for example.