Do Everythinger

kelley at pulpculture.org kelley at pulpculture.org
Fri May 24 00:17:21 PDT 2002

>In this orgy of intralist correction, let me -- now that I
>have successfully reproved meta-moral-criticism -- suggest
>as well that when contributors' contributions are rewritten
>to reveal the repulsiveness of their hidden, inner meanings,
>some connection should be cleverly drawn between what they
>say and what they are made to say. For instance, all Yoshie
>writes above is that when things turn bad, leftists should
>be ready to deal with the badness and move on -- a seemingly
>incontrovertible recommendation even if we were Boy Scouts;
>not that they should inspire, provoke, or actually produce
>the badness. Lenin's smirk remains unrevealed by the parody
>which follows, which possibly should have been cast in a
>_Russian_ accent.
>
>-- Gordon

oh, no no no. you have forgotten all the claims made about how we can't influence the administration, we can't stop a war. were these claims not made repeatedly in criticism of doug? but, doug, why bother? we can't change what the administration does. we can't influece it. doug, you should be out beating the streets.

my question in return was, "so why join up with peace activists, most of whom think that they can influence the administration". in other words, why do you want to lie to others just to massage and prepare them for revolution? that is a leninist tactic that is frequently uphold on this list. i think it has definite drawbacks.

their point is to organize, organize, organize, using _other people's_ hard work and effort and the end result of this disingenuousness was the problems we saw recently in D.C.

kelley