another view of Daschle

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Fri May 24 07:31:23 PDT 2002

On budget politics, I think there is a bit of a generational thing going. Younger progressives who were politicized under Reagan associate deficit spending with tax cuts for the rich and military spending, so much of the old Keynesian ardor is lost on them (and me). In the abstract, I understand the argument, although I've never seen it in practice, except Reagan's rightwing version of it. So while Feingold is a bit tighter than even I like, it seems far better than the "tax cut and spend" politics of rightwing deficit spending.

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Sawicky" <sawicky at epinet.org> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 5:05 PM Subject: RE: another view of Daschle

me too, even though his position on the budget stinks.

I'd go Feingold over Nader in a heartbeat.

mbs Chair, ABH&J Committee