Do Everythinger

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri May 24 17:16:38 PDT 2002

Joe says:

>> >How disgusting. Stop US Imperialism, certainly, but not by ANY means.
>>
>> Charles Brown didn't say "by ANY means"; he said, echoing Malcolm X,
>> "by any means _necessary_ (emphasis added)."
>
>I fail to see how that changes anything.

Restricting means to what is necessary would certainly rule out many means -- especially the kind that you mentioned:

At 9:24 PM -0400 5/22/02, Joe R. Golowka wrote:
>Destroying all life on Earth would stop US Imperialism but it is not
>an acceptable means of stopping US Imperialism. Nor would replacing
>US Imperialism with some other country's imperialism.

You don't think that it is necessary to "destroy all life on Earth" or "replace US imperialism by some other country's imperialism" in order to stop US imperialism, do you? -- Yoshie