Berezovsky

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Wed May 29 01:52:09 PDT 2002

ChrisD(RJ) wrote:

>Buyer beware: This magazine is owned by Berezovsky.

How's he doing these days? Still mighty? On the ropes?

Doug --------------- Boris Abramovich is in France. Russia says it wants Interpol to extradite him, which the latter isn't doing, probably for political reasons (if anybody is guilty of massive crimes, it is Berezovsky). He still owns the Kommersant newspaper and glossy magazine.

He has been trying to get back into Russian politics. He financed the French documentary "The Assassination of Russia," accusing the secret services of blowing up apartment buildings in Moscow in 1998 (I think there is about a 50-50 chance this is true) and helping the Liberal Democratic Russia party (thereby completely destroying that party's political chances. It is almost impossible to overestimate the Russian public's hatred and contempt of Berezovsky). The secret services retaliated by saying Berezovsky was supplying money to Chechen jihadists in the 90s for financial reasons (I think there is about a 90 percent chance this is true).

Chris Doss The Russia Journal