Failed Nader Voting promises

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Wed May 29 07:44:45 PDT 2002

>FALSE.
>
> All the Naderites said the Supreme Court
> > doesn't matter, so vote Nader.
>
> > -- Nathan Newman

Right, I was and am a Naderite, and I didn't say that. I did say that the difference Democrats made didn't matter _enough_. After all, two of the good guys are Gopsters (Stevens and Souter). I clerked for a great Gopster judge on the 7C, Ilana Diamond Rovner. And, btw, the other two "good guys," Breyer and Ginsberg, aren't that good--certainly compared (say) to Blackmun, a Gopster, or even the other Minn Twin, Burger. No Dem would dare appoint anyone as far left as Burger today. There's the diff: the Gopsters have thecourage of their convictions. They'll put up Thomases and Scalias and Borks and to hell with YOU! To find someone that far out on the left as those clowns are on the right the Dems would have to start shaking out the wackier regions of Critical Legal Studies. But they don't dare. They give ups Gopsters Lite like Breyer and Ginsburg, then damn us for notsupporting them because the other guys are so much worse.

jks