The Devil and Mr. Hicks

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Wed May 29 08:09:32 PDT 2002

On Sun, 26 May 2002 at 6:41pm Dennis Perrin wrote:

> Does Kucinich favor outlawing abortion? Or is he
> personally against it and seeks ways to reduce the need
> for it?

He has a 95% rating from the National Right to Life Committee which puts him in the same league as Henry Hyde and Orrin Hatch. He got a 0% from Naral. His anti-abortion position affects his public positions.

See Katah Pollit:

http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20020527&s=pollitt

> If the latter, then I don't see what the problem
> is. What I love about many "pro-choicers" is that
> they're all for "choice," so long as you agree with
> them. In other words, you have to be pro-abortion, not
> just pro-choice.

Well he'd like to try and get away with an excuse like this, he claims he's not to be voting against abortion, just the federal funding of it (which is a lie, but leave that to one side for the moment). So poor women get to have the same 'choices' as women with Park Ave OB/GYN's?

-- no Onan

Undefeated, everybody goes home