GG Bridge march was an FBI sting operation : SF Indymedia

C P quintanus at hotmail.com
Wed May 29 08:30:27 PDT 2002

http://sf.indymedia.org/news/2002/05/129972.php

Typical. Uhuru House and a few other isolated groups call a NBAU-like protest and others allege an FBI sting from the get go. Michael Pugliese

Yes, I've seen (mostly online) people who throw accusations around that government agents are everywhere; a woman in Los Angeles had pictures of middle aged non-counter cultural men that she was accusing, but provided no additional evidence as if the photos spoke for themselves. But an attitude like that really works to spread paranoia and is totally inappropriate.

Which isn't to say that there are not undercover officers at protests. Here is an example in Berkeley where an officer dressed up as 'black bloc' suddenly grabbed a photographer for Indymedia who hadn't been doing anything other than photographing him, and dragged him across the street and pushed him into a line of officers where he was arrested for resisting arrest, as far as I understand. This made people a bit paranoid. Videotape and pictures are here: http://sf.indymedia.org/news/2002/05/125609.php

I was a bit surprised last week to suddenly have the same officer on the porch of my rooming house with a battering ram yelling 'police,

http://sf.indymedia.org/news/2002/05/128950.php search warrant', and then conducting a search under a warrant for heroin dealing (totally ridiculous!) in the lower floor. But I did get some pictures. Incidentally, it surprises me why my housemate isn't more unnerved by Richard, the man with schizophrenia who almost certainly made the false complaint- he makes several harrassing or hangup phone calls per week, yet he isn't about to move away etc.

Here is an article by a quite good journalist which somewhat confirms some of the rumors swirling around the Judi Bari case with regards to gov't agent monitoring: http://www.sfbayguardian.com/36/35/cover_judibari.html

Christine