Chomsky News Network

Micheal Ellis onyxmirr at earthlink.net
Wed May 29 19:33:55 PDT 2002

>you know, if one
> knew history, if one knew, for example, what we have done for
> Europe, what we have done against terrorism, what we have done
> for Muslims in the world -- you know, the leading killer of
> Muslims in the world is Saddam Hussein.

oh my god! if given half the time....chomsky will rip this guy apart (metaphorically of course). i suspect though it will end up like that debate between him and john silber except more "professionally' done. i don't know though...there are some bizarre goings on of late...Peter Jennings was on the Charlie Rose Show and criticising the 'bantustan solution" (his words!!) and saying you have to look at the suicide bombings in the context of of 30+ years of occupation etc.. only fell short though when asked if the U.S. was working for "peace and justice for both israel and palestinians"....diplomatically dodged it by saying something like the Bush and past administrations have had great "difficulty" with that and some such.....

~M.E.