Wellstone opponent talkshow performance

steve philion philion at hawaii.edu
Thu May 30 07:25:08 PDT 2002

I have to agree with Max that the Green Party in Minnesota, which made pretty big gains in the Minneapolis Mayoral and city council elections last year has made a big mistake putting out Ed McGaa as their candidate for US Senator against Wellstone. The guy's performance on Minnesota Public Radio's Midday call in program was farce like... http://news.mpr.org/programs/midday/listings/md20020520.shtml

Lots of defensiveness backed up by false assertions about 'overspending' on foreign aid and the like...It is strange that a party that has performed this well recently would put out such an embarrassing candidate like this one. It's driven me to register and vote for Wellstone. Anyone but Green...

Steve