Chomsky More Popular Than Bennett Re: Chomsky News Network

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Thu May 30 19:20:34 PDT 2002

>> 160,000 copies, according to the _Washington Post_: "Chomsky's new
>> book -- a pamphletlike collection of interviews with the professor --
>> is titled "9-11."

>Only 286+million more citizens to go..............

Oh come on, it's not like all those people read. Some authors would kill for sales like that. However, some people might buy 9-11 and still not agree with it. I bought Gore Vidal's Perpetual War for Perpetual Peace: How We Got to Be So Hated (he should have used the old-timey "or" as in Perpetual War for Perpetual Peace or How We Got to Be So Hated) It was a lively read that made me laugh out loud at times. Much more invigorating than the lugubrious anti-Americanism we find on this list.

So far Zizek gets a medal for prescience because he predicted that there would be post-911 ideological vacuum (which is sucking up lefty books like Chomsky's, Vidal's and Moore's). (Also, Hitch gets one about the war in Afghanistan and laughing at the pacifists)