Anti-americanism is a fool's anti-imperialism

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri May 31 08:32:02 PDT 2002

Chuck Grimes wrote:

>See, I think Chomsky should have declined.

Why? I'm with Gore Vidal on this - you never refuse an invitation to have sex or be on TV. The TV audience is so big and varied, and you never know whom you'll reach with even just one sentence. You think up your soundbite or three and work them in regardless of the question and hope for the best. Sure there are massive constraints, but there's so much potential that you can't turn down an invitation from CNN.

Doug