How Great We Are

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Fri May 31 13:31:07 PDT 2002

Many moons ago an EPI study found that the U.S. effort in terms of public spending on education was much less favorable, in relative terms, if you confined spending to K-12. Spending on higher ed, of course, is skewed to higher-income people. At the time the Bushies were yelling about how much the U.S. spent relative to other countries, as background to their attempts to poo-poo the importance of spending in outcomes.

mbs