lbo-talk-digest V1 #6235

Joe R. Golowka joeG at ieee.org
Fri May 31 16:51:15 PDT 2002

> as is probably the case with those on this list, who are already here,
> being very critical, but going nowhere else except to visit or
> vacation...
>
> am I wrong? who's leaving for one of these better countries? and staying
> there, not just visiting to come back and say how much better it is than
> the states?

Just because America has almost no redeeming values doesn't mean that other countries have redeeming values. I dislike all countries - not the people that live in them, but the whole concept of a "country."

> very difficult to convince people that change is necessary when you tell
> them that their country - meaning them - has absolutely no redeeming
> value.

NO! A country does NOT mean the same thing as the people living there. A country is a social construction, one I think we should get rid of.