Steve P vs. Chris H

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Nov 1 09:44:55 PST 2002

Michael Pollak wrote:

>The right is exactly the same way, BTW. We didn't hear their plans about
>what they'd do the day after until they'd clearly gotten past the halfway
>point of getting us into war.

I think I've mentioned this before, but in the run-up to the first Gulf War, I interviewed ex-CIA director Stansfield Turner on the radio. (Somehow, the late WBAI program director Samori Marksman had gotten friendly with Turner, and he was a frequent guest on Samori's show. In this case, I was deputized to do the interview.) I asked Turner what he thought the admin would do if it won the war - what was the "day after" strategy? He had no idea, and thought they didn't either. I'm not sure this gang has one either, except maybe to make Tommy Franks proconsul.

Doug