Rack 'em up and shoot (was: Re: sex and the left)

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Fri Nov 1 12:48:41 PST 2002

> At 11:18 AM 11/1/02 -0500, Gordon Fitch wrote:
> >Well, if you can't remember what you meant or what you were
> >referring to, I don't think I'm going to get the answer out
> >of a book or off a web site.

Kelley:

+----------------------------------------------------
| Subject: Re: the anti sex left
| > Gordon Fitch wrote:
| > > something
| > >from the '70s; but maybe it's a case of everything old being
| > >new again, and it's I who am out of touch.
|
| jimmyjames at softhome.net:
| > Well, yeah, since the theoretical underpinnings of most of this is a
| > rejection of essentialism, then you're waaaaaaaay outta touch.
|
| What 'this'? It doesn't seem to me that anything I wrote was
| deep enough to touch on questions of essence or essentialism
| one way or the other. But maybe you're referring to the
| surrounding discussion?

I was very interested in this (this 'this'), as it seemed to come out of the blue, lightning from a clear sky. Meanwhile the sex police seem to have vanished, leaving only the memory of the shadow of a bogeyman behind, and an empty ice cream container -- not much to work with there; so you're my last hope. At least until tomorrow.

-- Gordon