Fw: David Corn: troubling origins of the anti-war movement

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Nov 1 13:33:47 PST 2002

Thomas Seay wrote:

>I am not sure I understand. Let me say this: I have
>no problems with participating in a demonstration
>where WWP is active. I do have problems in
>participating in a demonstration LED by Workers World
>Party.

It may have been organized by WWP, but it became far larger than that. The more non-WWP people that are there, the less it is a WWP event. It's not like you have to carry a portrait of Sam Marcy to march.

The SWP had a big hand in organizing anti-Vietnam War demos. It was good that that didn't keep people away then, even if a young LNP3 was there.

Doug