Fw: David Corn: troubling origins of the anti-war movement

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 1 14:30:27 PST 2002

--- Nathan Newman <nathan at newman.org> wrote:
> Why should anyone be impressed with an antiwar
> movement that had two-thirds
> of the populations' support for ending the war in
> 1971, yet couldn't stop
> the carpet bombing and mass murder in Cambodia in
> 1973?
> If that is the model for "success", god help the
> world as Bush launches his
> global crusade.

BINGO! Well said and right on the money, sir! Although, we must recognize those who really did throw a monkey wrench into the machine, like the soldiers who "fragged" their officers and the young people who simply refused to go.

-Thomas

===== "A question is always the desire to know, and to preserve simple human truths, we need secrets. The secrets of happiness, death, love."