Fw: David Corn: troubling origins of the anti-war movement

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Nov 1 15:09:37 PST 2002

Nathan Newman wrote:

>Actually I was pushing on the easy libertarian "anti-government" consensus
>that sees military action as horrible, but far more deaths due to the
>operation of the infrastructure of capitalism as "non-intentional."

Eh? A revolutionary Leninist party isn't interested in the infrastructure of capitalism? That's bizarre.

>Let me be straight-- I don't think the Iraq war or even US military wars in
>general are even close to the most important issue in the world.

Would there be so many routine early deaths if it weren't for imperialism, and where would imperialism be without the U.S. military? Like I said earlier, I'm not sure I would use the word, but you've got to talk about imperialism even if it annoys the masses you aim to recruit.

Doug