Fw: David Corn: troubling origins of the anti-war movement

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Fri Nov 1 22:22:39 PST 2002

>Chuck wrote:
>
>I wrote an article today on homeless organizing:
>
>D.C. Activists Win Victory for Homeless
>http://dc.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=37559&group=webcast

Hey Chuck, glad to see this. One question for you -- is this school wheelchair accessible? Will they take disabled persons? Recently I ran into a fellow crip working for an Independent Living Center who was doing some work on the homeless issue in LA and he was finding that shelters are by and large not accessible to wheelchair users. There *are* homeless people in chairs. On top of that shelters were turning down disabled persons because they are "liabilities". I don't think the homeless advocates have addressed that one at all. Did you see any of that going on? Marta

-- Marta Russell Los Angeles, CA http://www.disweb.org