a death

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Sat Nov 2 05:53:54 PST 2002

>By the time you
>read this it will be too late.
>
>Alec

His 17 Aug 2001 post disturbed me so much that I looked him up in the directory and called him. I was so relieved when he called back.

I can't help thinking that I should have done something other than simply e-mailing back -- I don't know what -- when he wrote me offlist on 28 Sep 2002. -- Yoshie --- I agree with Martha. You shouldn't beat yourself up about it. If his offlist friends and family couldn't help him, it would be tough for you to. I went out with him a few times and he brought along some nice friends (although one guy was a dick and blew smoke in my face). Besides I haven't seen any evidence it wasn't accidental.

Peter (okay this is the most morbid thread ever)