David Corn: troubling origins of the anti-war

cuito61 at onebox.com cuito61 at onebox.com
Tue Nov 5 10:41:34 PST 2002

Chuck0:
>hard core lefties will do everything possible to dismiss
>discussion of this group as "sectarianism"...
>If recent articles from Corn, Cooper and others on the peace >movement are any
>indication, it should be clear that the political baggage that the >WWP brings
>to the table is going to be incredibly difficult to hide away. If we >allow
>ANSWER to "lead" the movement, then we can expect writers from the >right and
>left to criticize the movement for the WWP's politics and political
>positions.

What exactly do you mean by "hard core leftists?"

And why should we care about what Cooper and Corn and them say? it's obvious to me if you read their articles that their problem is with radicalism per se and with anti-war activists who dare to link up the current war with a discussion of american racism and imperialism. Now, they're using ANSWER as a convenient punching bag, but even if, let's say, anarchists move to the forefront of the movement, these same jackasses will have plenty of complaints about anarchist political beliefs and tactics.

I think if the movement doesnt appear to be a bunch of middle of the road liberals waving american flags, then corn et al wont be pleased. frankly, i'm not out to please them.

and who said the movement is going to be "led" by answer? i certainly hope not. but if not answer, then who? and how?

*** Marc Rodrigues Voicemail: 866.206.9067 x4217 SFS: http://qcsfs.tripod.com