Al-Q Honcho Hit

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Nov 5 12:22:43 PST 2002

I knew it -- the wiping out of a handful of al-Q thugs, at the hands of the US, incites all manner of "legalistic" hand-wringing, at least from the rational left. We have yet to hear from the ultra faction, but I'm sure the sentiment is the same (though wasn't when the Red Army did this and much worse).

Just a reminder: al-Q is at war with us. They said so quite explicitly in 1998, and offered a hard reminder in 2001.

I suppose you could cry about a bunch of Nazi officials getting blown up in their jeep by Allied artillery -- after all, why not arrest them and put them on trial? Oh damn, then there's that tangle of "victor's justice" and all that icky Nuremberg junk.

Wring, wring . . .

DP