Al-Q Honcho Hit

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Nov 5 14:28:21 PST 2002

>Demoralization is a form of social
>degeneration in which a community gradually loses the rules
>or principles which bind it together. The end result, assuming
>the process isn't arrested, is a moral collapse in which the
>members of the community can no longer maintain it as a coherent
>social entity; something like civil war or a coup d'etat is
>likely to follow. Personally, while I can see the historical
>grandeur of it all, I'm not looking forward to participating
>in it, and I'm wondering if there's some place I can hide out.
>Probably not, eh?
>
>I know this will seem hard to believe of good old America,
>but think about it. A for-instance may help.
>
>1. It's okay to kill some guys in a car in Yemen with a rocket
>because you suspect them of being members of Al-Qaeda.
>
>2. It's okay to kill some guys in a car in Germany with a rocket
>because you suspect them of being members of Al-Qaeda.
>
>3. It's okay to kill some guys in a car in Tennessee with a rocket
>because you suspect them of being members of Al-Qaeda.
>
>-- that sort of thing; see what I mean? Everyone can play;
>locale isn't the only term you might vary.
>

>-- Gordon

What's worse than (3) already happened, though not in Tennessee: the bombing of MOVE in Philadelphia on May 13, 1985, incinerating an entire city block; and the burning of 76 men, women, and children in the assault on the Branch Davidians in Waco on April 19, 1993.

I guess demoralization is already pretty far gone. It's no wonder that right-wing Belligerent Observers take assassination of foreigners in stride. -- Yoshie