Al-Q Honcho Hit

billbartlett at dodo.com.au billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Thu Nov 7 01:39:47 PST 2002

At 10:00 AM -0500 6/11/02, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

>You have to admit that given its enormous military and economic power,
>the US decision-makers showed remarkable contraint in using that power -
>for if they decided to act trully unilaterarily in a "homo homini lupus"
>fashon they could easily unleash that power and face little consequences
>of so doing.

You are mistaken, the consequences would be quite serious. There are powers greater than the might of armies.

> I can see a bunch of detractors pointing out that US
>intervened militarily more frequently than other countries - but if we
>account for th efact that most other countries have no or verly limited
>capacity to project power outside their borders - this lower number of
>military intervention is most like the result of the lack of opportunity
>than less belligerent nature of the countries in question.

But you haven't stopped to consider why other countries put less resources into developing military power. A question it would not occur to you to ask, since you start out with the deranged belief that "war of all against all is the natural state".

>Even in the domestic affairs - such as the treatment of assorted armed
>crackpots like Branch Davidians or MOVE - the restraint on the use of
>lethal force was quite high (e.g. vis a vis the recent Moscow
>operation).

Have you forgotten your medication again Adolph? In what sense is killing crackpots "restraint"? What would you consider to be an unrestrained response?

>So what I see is that countries like the US or Israel generally showing
>remarkable restraint in the use of power (as compared to what they could
>have done)

I thought Osama showed considerable restraint too. He could have sent that plane that went into the pentagon into a child care centre, or a pharmaceutical factory. Instead, it was targeted at a known base used by international war criminals.

Of course it probably hadn't occurred to Osama that the natural order was one of "war of all against all", or he would have realised that it was pointless to select any particular target, since everyone is everyone else's enemy and therefor equally deserving of a grisly end. This is something that only a true psychopath like yourself can appreciate.

> and easing those restraints a bit here and there. That is
>hardly a cause for alarm and all those slippery slope scenarios. I am
>not loosing any sleep over the thought that government jackbooted thugs
>are going to kick in my door at night any time soon.

Funny thing, I'm not losing any sleep over the threat of Osama setting off a car bomb in Bracknell Tasmania either. (Though I have been the victim of a dawn raid by the cops.) Unlike you though, I'm not a totally self-centred piece of dog shit who doesn't give a fuck about the suffering of others.

The bell tolls for thee, you maggot.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas