AngryDems.com

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Nov 6 08:30:35 PST 2002

Nathan Newman wrote:

>And the fact remains that many Greens said that
>Nader's victory would move the Dem leadership into a more progressive public
>stance. Instead, we saw politics move to the right.

I was wondering how liberals would blame Nader for yesterday's results, and here it is. You just can't admit that the Dems have no message and no appeal, can you? The other day, the NYT reported the results of a poll asking whether people thought the Reps had a clear idea of what they'd do if they won Congress vs. the Dems. I don't remember the numbers, but the answer was yes for the Reps by a small margin and no for the Dems by a fairly wide one. That's the problem, not Nader. Even Carville and Begala made that point on CNN last night.

You're not going to blame Pataki's win on Stanley, are you?

Doug