FDI & social conflict

Patrick Bond pbond at sn.apc.org
Wed Nov 6 11:25:11 PST 2002

There's lots of work done by Yash Tandon on the stupidity of attracting FDI to Africa, some of which is about the correlation of horrid oil TNCs to horrid compradors in Angola, Nigeria, DRC and the like. His outfit, Southern and East African Trade and Investment Negotiations Initiative, does regular email news.

A second edition of Zimbabwe's Plunge (coauthored with Masimba Manyanya) just went to the printer, and has a summary of the debate over how FDI is draining the DRC. I can send it to anyone who likes, offlist...

Cheers from a site of impressive net foreign direct disinvestment,

Patrick

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: "lbo-talk" <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 6:39 PM Subject: FDI & social conflict