Luke , enjoy this 80's incubator babies story...get Hitch on it?

steve philion philion at hawaii.edu
Wed Nov 6 20:11:21 PST 2002

Steve wrote:
> --uhmmm...luke seemed to believe it or he wouldn't have snidely demanded
> proof that the toy bombs story was a hoax.

No. What I was snidely demanding was some evidence to believe by that the 1.3 million death figure was propoganda of the sort epitomized by the toy bomb story.

-- Luke

--Glad to hear that. I wasn't refuting the 1.3 million dead...I wouldn't know what numbers are reliable, but given the reality that wars create this kind of carnage, no different than the carnage to come in Iraq, seems like a good argument against the use of war or provoking countries into war as a policy (reference M. Zbigniew Brzezinski's gloating interview with L'observateur) or alligning ourselves with the most reactionary elements of reaction in poor rural countries (http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=19990215&s=hiro_wtc_19990215)... Not that noting how many died during the Soviet Occupation should take away from such issues, but it's funny how those who bring them up generally end up guiding us away from them

steve