hey perrin, did you pen the editorial in todays's Daily News?

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Nov 7 06:54:10 PST 2002

Bill Bartlett:

> They are not at "war" with the USA in any meaningful sense, they are
merely criminals. You cannot have it both ways, you cannot refuse to treat captured Al-Q as prisoners of war, but insist you have the right to kill them as you would soldiers of a warring army.

I think those being held in Cuba should be treated as POWs, and that their treatment should conform to the Geneva Convention. To the degree that it does not is disgusting, wrong, and criminal.

> There is nothing wrong with arresting suspects and putting them on trial.
But the US government doesn't do this, it merely kidnaps suspects and arbitrarily holds them captive. in the same fashion as the hostages in Lebanon were held, or the hostages held by Chechen criminal gangs. It is blatantly criminal behaviour, so as a citizen of the US who supports this, I hold you personally responsible for these outrageous crimes.

Bet that felt good. Why not burn me in effigy while you're at it, dance around the flames and chant "Dennis Perrin, you can't hide! I charge you with genocide!" That might add to the excitement.

> Or do you consider it legitimate for any self-appointed vigilante to go
out and kill anyone merely accused of a crime. Is that the sort of society you would want to live in? If not, how dare you say it is OK for your government to turn the rest of the world into that sort of society. Please shit in your own backyard, not someone else's.

Of course not. You and others are making the blanket statements, not me. I've dealt with a specific instance, and you disagree. Fine. And when al-Q makes its next hit, whatever it is, I'm sure you'll find some way to blame the US or even little ol' me. Whatever floats that rickety boat you're in.

DP