Fw: David Corn: troubling origins of the anti-war movement

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Nov 7 07:58:49 PST 2002

JBrown72073 at cs.com wrote:

> So don't be sure that coverage of DC marches is dismissed. I think 200
> people in Nashville are more easily dismissed.

I really think that the two are pretty inseparable. Two hundred in Nashville simply can't keep it up unless there are reasonably successful national actions both to inspire and to give a core to the local action (namely, recruiting support for the national action).

Despite all the hoopla around the Seattle action and subsequent similar rallies, I have come to believe that they were pretty empty because they simply couldn't ignite, and didn't come from, the "two hundred in Nashville."

Carrol