Fla intangibles tax

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Thu Nov 7 10:48:22 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: <JBrown72073 at cs.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Cc: <seamus2001 at attbi.com> Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 2:27 PM Subject: Fla intangibles tax

>Jenny, can you shed a little light on the intangibles tax? Was there any
>public discussion of the issue at all? We're gearing for a fight against
>Microsoft and others on that issue here in Washington State. Trying to
>make the arcana of the tax code reader friendly is a nightmare.
>
>Ian

No kidding. Have you been charged with class warfare yet? I often wonder how can they call it a war when they're the only ones shooting. To me, that's a massacre.

Not yet, but Bill Gates Sr. foamed at the mouth after being presented with the evidence in a rather large public forum that he and his buddies had created $48billion [annually, on average] worth of Swiss Cheese exemptions in the WA tax code. Just under $520million are in violation of WTO rules, too. "Those are dubious numbers, I don't believe that, where'd you get them?" From the State Department of Revenue 'ya dumbass.......Meanwhile WA has a $2billion budget deficit. Sometime before Turkey day I'll be heading down to Oly to look at how the calculate the intangibles totals and how they tax [exempt] them. Word on the street out here is that the oligarchies in every state in the US are now ramping up to go after every state's inheritance taxes as well as the privatization of state pension funds as part of the strategy to launch the assault on SS.

Thanks for the info.

Ian