reverse Sokal effect

jean-christophe helary suzume at mx82.tiki.ne.jp
Thu Nov 7 16:44:48 PST 2002

<Doug Henwood>-----
> [what is it about the French?]
>
> Always good in science, the brothers intended to pursue doctorates in
> physics but got sidetracked when they started a television show, in
> 1980, that ran for 10 years. Other shows followed, and they
> collaborated with Jean Guitton, the French philosopher, in writing a
> best seller, God and Science (Grasset, 1991).

i don't remember the title but my sisters and i used to watch it every saturday. it was about all the sf/fantasy movies & stuff that had been released in the past week or something. nothing very scientific, but good fun for teenagers. and on saturday evening we had 'les enfants du rock', which was much more fun with all the new wave stuff etc !

jc helary