hey perrin, did you pen the editorial in todays's Daily News?

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Thu Nov 7 20:46:09 PST 2002

>If Al Qaeda had been smart they would have waited until they took
>over Pakistan's government and gained access to its nuclear arsenal.
>Then they could have killed millions of Americans. If they don't end
>up killing many more Americans - or other nationalities - its
>because they're being hunted down, no thanks to you.
>
>Peter

Yoshie: Thanks to the US war on Afghanistan (a non-nuclear state), Islamists are now poised to take power in Pakistan (a nuclear state), in whose tribal areas a number of Al Qaeda members deserting Afghanistan are said to have found refuge:

***** Islamists on brink of power in Pakistan ------

Islamists are better than Al Qaeda, who were going to take over Pakistan (a nuclear state) had the war on the Taliban not occured. It's an insult to Islamists to equate them with Al Qaeda. Plus, how much power will the Prime Minister, in coalition, have? Again, Al Qaeda in complete control of the state, with nuclear weapons, would have been a nightmare.

You seem to have a thesis that any meddling by the US anywhere only worsens the situation. And then rhetorically bend the facts to fit this theory.

I'll agree the US should force Israel to accept a Palestinian state and help encourage regime change in other Middle Eastern countries so that they would be able to democratize and modernize. This would help defuse Al Qaeda allure, too, obviously.

Peter