lbo-talk-digest V1 #6932

Daniel Davies dsquared at al-islam.com
Fri Nov 8 04:46:58 PST 2002

It was wrote:

>>But it is true that my support for taking out those who >>were taken out
>>(identified not only by the evil CIA but by Yemeni >>officials, contacts
and
>>tribesmen on the ground)

Without wanting to get into this arse-kicking contest, I do have to point out that the phrase "identified not only by the evil CIA, but by Yemeni officials, contacts and tribesmen on the ground" should actually read "identified not only by the evil CIA, but by Yemeni officials, contacts and tribesmen on the ground, according to the evil CIA". The specific case of pretending that anyone on this list has non-CIA sources in the region is bad enough; the general practice of foolings oneself that one has more information than one actually has, is usually downright disastrous.

> has aroused a tremendous amount of outrage, and I
>don't recall seeing the same last year around this time

This statement is so outrageously false that I think the only possible way you could make it is to be lying on purpose.

dd